Do you want to know:
- What benefits am I eligible to receive?
- How does the process start?
- What is my doctor’s role?
- What should I do if I encounter difficulties?
If so, please join Harris Federal next month for our program, “A Saturday Morning with the Experts.”
The free educational seminar is set for Saturday, November 1, from 8 a.m. to noon at the John Wayne Airport Hilton at 18800 MacArthur Boulevard in Irvine, California. It is open to all federal employees.
The event is aimed at providing helpful information to federal workers about their rights and the process involved with seeking federal disability retirement and workers’ compensation benefits.
The seminar will feature presentations on:
- “Getting your Federal Workers’ Comp Claim Started Right” – Geoffrey Shapiro of Shapiro, Shapiro and Shapiro near Cleveland, Ohio, will discuss the forms and doctor’s reports that are required to begin the process of obtaining these important benefits.
- “How to Help Your Doctor Help You” – Daniel Parker, D.C., the clinic director of Performance Health Medical Group in Laguna Hills, California, will explain the ways you can assist your doctor in reviewing your medical condition.
- “Tripwires after the Acceptance of Your Claim” – Brad Harris of Harris Federal will discuss topics that include field nurses, accommodation, vocational rehab and loss of wage-earning capacity (LWEC).
- “Understanding the Integration of Workers’ Comp Benefits with Medical Disability” – Bo Harris of Harris Federal will offer his insights as a Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant and discuss common alternative considerations for an injured worker.
Please feel free to join us for lunch when the seminar concludes to continue our discussion of these and other topics.
The seminar is part of a series of events that Harris Federal holds across the country throughout the year to help federal employees understand their rights and the legal options that are available to them if they have been injured on the job or if they suffer from a disabling condition.
For more information, call Harris Federal (877) 226-2723 or simply use our online form. We look forward to seeing you there!