Effective as of November 14, 2016, The Office of Personnel Management told benefits officers that corrections on certain forms and sections will no longer be accepted. These corrections include using white out and strike-throughs. Instead, the entire form will need to be re-done so that they are free from errors. OPM said this change is necessary because their Retirement Services Office has received many forms with handmade corrections. Due to these corrections, it is impossible to tell if the forms are valid or not.
The FERS forms included are the,
- SF 3107 Application for Immediate Retirement, Section D-Annuity Election.
- SF 3107-2: Spouse’s Consent to Survivor Election.
- RI 92-19 Application for Deferred/Postponed Retirement, Section F-Annuity Election.
- RI 92-19 Application for Deferred/Postponed Retirement, Schedule A-Spouse’s Consent to Survivor Election.
- SF 3102 Designation of Beneficiary, Section B-C
The FEGLI forms included are the,
- SF 2818 Continuation of Life Insurance Coverage, items 7-14.
- SF 2823 Designation of Beneficiary for FEGLI, Sections B-D.
To read this notification letter in its entirety, click here.
Filing for any type of retirement from federal service requires you to fill out many forms. This is especially true with federal disability retirement. Therefore, it is very important your application is correct and complete the first time you send it in. Here at Harris Federal Law Firm, we walk you through this process. Call us for a FREE consultation at 877-226-2723 or fill out this inquiry form.